When people think of a radio DJ a few things come to mind: Loud, booming voices. Wild personalities and fast talking. None of these are truly what a radio DJ should be unless that’s their personality. Today’s radio DJ is someone that the audience wants to be friends with, a relatable voice who connects with the listener one-to-one.
Here are some things to avoid as a radio DJ:
- Avoid making your voice deeper, booming or “Announcer like”
- “WHATS UP EVERYBODY” – this is bad because you want to seem like you are having a conversation with the listener
- Avoid talking about too much in a single on-air break
- “Coming up next” while said song is now playing – this is very common, but it’s not coming up next it’s “now playing”
- Avoid being wacky and using weird voices for the sake of doing it
As always, like and share this post and don’t forget to follow my Twitter for updates and information!